Run Leader - Kristen Park
From I-405, take Exit 18, drive West on 85th St. towards downtown Kirkland. 85th St. becomes Central Way. Continue past the intersection of Lake St., to the end of Central Way, turn left at the intersection of Market St.
Meet at the Marina Park Gazebo.
Breakfast: Hector's located at 112 Lake Street
Course Description: Run starts at 8:30am
The course is a figure-8 that starts in downtown Kirkland, goes south down to Carillon Point, then loops back to downtown, then goes north along Waverly Way up to Juanita Bay Park, then loops down Market St. to finish at Central Way. The course is scenic (two long stretches along the lakeshore), but has challenging hills, especially in the north loop.
The South Loop (about 3.1 miles)
The North Loop (about 3.3 miles)
- South on Lake Shore Pl. out of Marina Park, left on Kirkland Way
- Kirkland Way East 1/2 block, right (South) on Lake St. Lake St./Lake Washington Blvd. to Carillon Point
- Left (North) on Lakeview Dr. to 68th St. Bear right (East) onto 68th ST. to State St.
- Left (North) on State St. to Kirkland Ave.
- Left on Kirkland Ave. across Lake St. right on Lake Shore Pl. back into Marina Park
- North on Lake Shore Pl. out of Marina Park onto Waverly Way North
- Waverly Way to 6th St. W. Right (Northeast) on 6th to 16th Ave. W
- Left (Northwest) on 16th to 10th St. W
- Right (Northeast) on 10th to 20th Ave. W; at the corner of 10th St. and 20th Ave. go onto the paved footpath.
- 2nd footpath to the right out to Market St. at the South end of the old Juanita Bay bridge
- Sharp Right (South) on Market St. back to Central Way and Marina Park.
Map of Cross Kirkland Corridor route (6.5 miles)